HK

the place for sore tacos
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Video edit programs
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:22 am 
lil' hucker

Some may or may not like to edit their pov/videos but for many people who do, which are good programs to use? Where do you get them? I'm poor, where do I get that winrar program? :lol:
What tips do you have to edit a video?

Add your useful tips/where to buy/get/what programs do you use in this thread.

Post subject: Re: Video edit programs
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:37 am 
lil' hucker

Sony Vegas seems to be a popular choice among home editors.

The pro version can be cost prohibitive, though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:54 am 
lil' hucker

For the most part windows movie maker will do just fine. Even just taking the ordinal video and uploading it works fine to. But from there, then what?

My first and go to program still is videopad video editor. It's simple beginner friendly and doesn't cost much to purchase. It goes a couple steps more than windows movie maker and can spice up your video if you are into that.

Here is a screen shot.

Now you will see there aren't too many buttons but there is a lot you can do and the program will do or handle. It's very user friendly. I will get into the other edit program later but for now we will stick with this one.

First off it will handle any media file. It will edit into any setting you wish to output or have it do a test to see what is the best setting for your video/media or just leave it and original output.

Moving on. You have your Media list, the files you put into the program then effects of brightness etc, then your transitions for between sceens. You can add simple text or opening sceen.

From there if you click the file you can edit/cut/split/etc. Below that are the media/mp3 files in wave form. You just simply increase/decrease the volume or add more transition music. That again is if YOU WANT TO ADD MUSIC.

Again it's very simple to use. Add what you want/take out what you want. It will handle it.

Now with saving the file. Just click save media. A screen will pop up. It will have options.

It will give you options of cd,desktop, which folder etc.

The preset is the setting of the video. HD1080, 720, TV pal, NTSC, youtube settings, internet settings to video game outputs.

Up next is the file format. Basically mp4 is the most widely used file. AVI and WMV will provide the best quality but when uploading it to the web it sucks the quality out as I've learned from.

Next is the frame rate. The program will do custom, stock 25-60FPS. Or frame per second.

Next step is the encoder options.

Screen preview:

That will give you video encoder options. H264 is the most widely used option. Just leave that alone. :lol: Now under that is the frame rate quality. It does what it say's it will do. It cleans up the frame rate you selected. The cleaner the frame quality the bigger the file and the longer it takes to process. In that is also the sound compressor setting. Just leave it MP3 as again this is the most recognized used file on the web, well everywhere. Sound format is the quality. 320KBPS stereo is the highest with 48000hrtz. That will make it crystal clear. Even if you opt out of music. It will clean up your pron breathing or you swearing. It will also take up space and time so that's up to you for sound settings.

That's about that for videopad video editor professional. Remember if you get the trail/free version so of the options won't be accessible. If you need help and you're poor let me know in a PM and I'll take care of where to get it virus free. Any other questions post here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:04 am 
lil' hucker

For media MP3 files. The the only program I have is wavepad sound editor. Now this can get quite confusing if you have no idea about media wave types or what the meanings mean. So I'm gonna keep this basic. Say you have a video you can pull the wave Mp3 file off of it and convert it to sound only. From there the list goes on and on what you can do with your audio/sound. As well as the outputs. There are a ton of effects on audio here but like I said this program will do everything. Best part, you can change your pitch/speed/everything. It would take all night to go over but I use this program for hard to find music to convert if I pull it off a video and want the soundtrack to save in MP3 320KBPS for my media.

I posted this in here to help clean up audio in your video or any music you may or may not want to add.

Again any questions post in this thread.

Preview screen shot:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:12 am 
lil' hucker

Up next is Sony Vegas professional.

Screenshot:

Larger image just to give you an idea of how big/options this program has.

http://img1.focus-numerique.com/focus/a ... MarkII.JPG

This is not a very user friendly/beginner program. I would say this because of how many options and buttons there are on this program. While the concept is the same as video editor the way of the editing can be a PITA. As with video editor everything is basic. With Sony every button has like four other buttons once you click that button and a button for those buttons. That's my only gripe with that program. As am fairly new to Sony from what I've learned so far is that it works faster, doesn't crash that much lol it will happen it you upload a massive file. It's a great program considering you have the money or cough cough PM me or Netwurker. Like I said it's the same concept but on a "professional" meeting that term to it's fullest program. I'm kind of done for now so i'm gonna let Net take over with Sony.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:23 am 
lil' hucker

HUtch, give me a day or so and I'll get a sony write up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:31 am 
lil' hucker

Fine, Net. Fine.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:10 am 
lil' hucker

Net, your days are up. Could you do a detailed right up now, k-thanks. Also is there a way to overlay a video within a video using Sony? Like same spot, overlay yourself in the video twice. Kind of like a mirror effect of yourself? I'm going to have to dig deep to find what I'm talking about and I'm not sure if the program they used was sony either..... :? But I've seen it done before with stunt videos.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:18 am 
lil' hucker

Hutch, I tried, I found out I suck at making training aids. I'm drawing blanks. Start off by watching a few you tube tutorials about keyframes. And masks. I'll find a couple links.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:20 am 
lil' hucker

Keyframes:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:23 am 
lil' hucker

Masking:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:02 am 
lil' hucker

Get real familiar with these two concepts in Vegas. It's a precursor to doing the mirror/overlay thing you asked about.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:52 am 
lil' hucker

Have you done a mirror/overlay before? I heard it's a PITA to do especially during the filming process...

Also just going to leave this here for the rider I was with today or anyone else asking for a way to get the edit program.

Link for how to get SV10P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRKKuvuVxUU

Once you get everything your security software might say it's infected with a virus of some sort. It is not. What is going on is you just downloaded a program 'a hack' to get what you downloaded in the first place but a "registered" version. Any questions PM me about that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:28 am 
lil' hucker

Hutch, I was playing around with mirror effects last night....not easy, except the built in Sony "Mirror" effect. But that one is kinda limited.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:01 pm 
lil' hucker

OK, by dikkin around with masks, and motion tracking, and a second (overlay) video track, I came up with this...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:52 pm 
lil' hucker

Here's a good "welcome to using Sony Vegas" kind of tute.....this one would be a good one to run through just to get your feet wet with Sony Vegas.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:41 pm 
lil' hucker

net wurker wrote:
OK, by dikkin around with masks, and motion tracking, and a second (overlay) video track, I came up with this...

Thanks, getting closer to it. BTW how long did it take for that clip?

I found the videos over on the stunt forum. Same guy cloned onto one spot.

Is that the same concept of what you did in your video above or something different? The OP said they are using CS5? Thought that edited photos not videos?

Link here to thread on it but there isn't much information. I'm guessing he used photos? :shock:

http://stuntride.com/vbstunt/showthread ... ost1213214

Another thing I kind of want to do is get an air drone set up with the contour but it's too heavily forested here for that type of filming.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:50 pm 
lil' hucker

Hutch, that should be fairly easy to do. You have a clip of yourself riding around on the left side, camera on a tripod. After you get a few minutes of left side, you move over and get a few minutes of the right side footage.

Now, in the editor, you place the clip in twice, on two different video tracks. On each one, you split the screen and mask it over half way. On the clip with the guy riding around on the right side, mask the left side. Do the opposite with the other clip.

There will be a "seam" going down the middle where the two clips join, you can feather the edge of each one a little to hide the seam.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:21 pm 
lil' hucker

Hutch, I just made a short video and tried this. Not too hard. Actually, you don't need to do anything to the bottom track (the video clip on the lower video track). I put the left side riding on the lower video track and put the right side riding on the upper video track. I masked off the left side of the upper video track, with about 12 for the feather (in) setting. I can't really see a seam anywhere.

Video is uploading...I'll put a link when it's done.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:12 pm 
ridin' dirty kitty!

that was goddamn cool. no seam at all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:42 pm 
yappin' kitty

Yep, net that is very cool. Could you strap your gopro to your head and make a video of you making the video?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:45 pm 
lil' hucker

Yeah, I could do that I guess....good idea.

Later tonight, we're going for a spin around the neighborhood in a few.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:08 am 
lil' hucker

OK, i just made a gopro film of making that video. It's almost ten minutes.....it's rendering now. Then the upload to vimeo will take good bit. Maybe ready in an hour or so.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:44 am 
lil' hucker

Converting....should be ready shortly.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:47 am 
lil' hucker

Thanks Net, just what I'm looking for. It's mostly just for that. Not trail riding but doing whoolies and endos in the same spot.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:42 pm 
lil' hucker

Yeah, that's probably the only way to use this technique anyway, since it requires footage from a camera that is totally stationary.

BTW, to do a "disappearing rider", they same kind of thing comes in to play. You have some steady footage (camera on a tripod, or at least sitting down on something), a long scene of that. Then, a rider rides through the scene.

In the editor, you can place the 'nothing' scene on the bottom. Lay in a clip of where the rider comes rolling through on a video track above the 'nothing' track. Use the fader to "fade out" the rider in about a second or less.....the result is the rider "fades like a ghost" out of the scene.

There's an example of that in this video at 2:50 and also at the very end.