HK

the place for sore tacos
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:08 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: My latest EBAY pickups.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:12 pm 
Offline
stealth kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 am
Posts: 1240
SRAM 1080 Cassette (11-36) -- going to see what I can do to reverse engineer and make a better one :D
Image

_________________
SKITTLETITS!!! That is all.

Image
mmm bacon.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/Shibiwan/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:15 pm 
Offline
bad kitty!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 2342
One word: Ti6Al4V!


Magura :)

EDIT: and make it fit a standard hub.

_________________
DIY all the way


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:16 pm 
Offline
stealth kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 am
Posts: 1240
Also got these too:
Image

_________________
SKITTLETITS!!! That is all.

Image
mmm bacon.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/Shibiwan/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:17 pm 
Offline
stealth kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 am
Posts: 1240
Magura wrote:
One word: Ti6Al4V!


Magura :)

EDIT: and make it fit a standard hub.


Um it fits a standard Shimano freehub.

Where's your russian connection to get Ti 6/4?

-S

P.S. you have any suggestions on how to DIY broach splines? :D

_________________
SKITTLETITS!!! That is all.

Image
mmm bacon.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/Shibiwan/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 pm 
Offline
bad kitty!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 2342
Shibiwan wrote:
P.S. you have any suggestions on how to DIY broach splines? :D


Yes, I do that frequently.

I mostly do Torx and hex, but that ought to not represent any big challenge.

The big deal is to get some angular contact roller bearings for the tool holder.


Magura :)

_________________
DIY all the way


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:44 pm 
Offline
stealth kitty
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:18 am
Posts: 1240
Magura wrote:
Shibiwan wrote:
P.S. you have any suggestions on how to DIY broach splines? :D


Yes, I do that frequently.

I mostly do Torx and hex, but that ought to not represent any big challenge.

The big deal is to get some angular contact roller bearings for the tool holder.


Magura :)


So basically mount the broach so it spins on the angular bearings and ram it into the hole while the part is spinning on the lathe?

-S

_________________
SKITTLETITS!!! That is all.

Image
mmm bacon.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/Shibiwan/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 pm 
Offline
bad kitty!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 2342
Shibiwan wrote:
Magura wrote:
Shibiwan wrote:
P.S. you have any suggestions on how to DIY broach splines? :D


Yes, I do that frequently.

I mostly do Torx and hex, but that ought to not represent any big challenge.

The big deal is to get some angular contact roller bearings for the tool holder.


Magura :)


So basically mount the broach so it spins on the angular bearings and ram it into the hole while the part is spinning on the lathe?

-S


Make the broach with the right tolerances and the right angle for the job, and angle the broach accordingly.....then yes, just ram it into the hole while the lathe is spinning at the right speed, to get the right cutting speed.

Once you get around to actually do this, I'll sort this.

Magura :)

_________________
DIY all the way


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:25 am 
Offline
pussy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 am
Posts: 3818
Here is my recent win for my minuscule project. ;)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:00 am 
Offline
bad kitty!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 2342
Hope Pro II pawls ?


Magura :)

_________________
DIY all the way


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:50 pm 
Offline
pussy
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:23 am
Posts: 3818
Yep!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Automated by Installatron